Monday 16 July 2018

The Season of Plenty

The weather as I have often said can be the main topic of conversation with our customers. We are either having discussions about it being too wet or lately about it being to hot and dry. It seems we are never satisfied. It's rather like that in farming for example at the moment it is good sunny weather to mature the grain but rather hot and dry to plump up the potato tubers.


Equally too wet a spell can result in potato blight causing havoc to the crop. Are we ever content?


It's now time to start harvesting the barley and the combine harvester is due to start cutting today. I thought I better get a picture for Field of Plenty for No. 10 of the SPSH before the barley disappears.


Perhaps even a choice for  No. 6 Glorious Green too.


While I was out there I had a go at No. 9 Appears smaller than you. It took me quite a while to click my brain into gear as to what this prompt was all about but I finally found a tree which will sit on my shoulder...




4 comments:

  1. I've been waiting to see how someone would interpret that prompt! And you have the perfect opportunity to show us a "field of plenty!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a clever shot for no. 9. I think yours is the first one I've seen for that prompt. I love the field of barley ... but I'm going to have that song in my mind all day now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever shot. You & I are thinking so much on the same lines for this SPSH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to Eileen, now I am singing that song ... so perhaps you could enter that photo under the prompt "from a film, book or song" (or whatever it is). Lovely colour on the barley, and the tree growing out of your shoulder is good!

    ReplyDelete