Monday 10 October 2016

Memorandum Monday: Art Around the Valley

Good morning all on this Monday morning and a big wave to Sian and all the other Monday bloggers. This weekend I really have done something new. Every year there is an Art Trail around the Chew Valley and this year I had a chance to visit some of the venues. Some were held in public buildings where several artists had collected together


Others in people's houses and studios. This gave the added bonus of seeing some lovely homes and gardens too. There was a good mixture of pictures, sculptures, textiles, glassware to name but a few. It was obviously difficult to take pictures of people's art work but I did manage a few sculptures that were outside.
I would be quite happy to accommodate this deer on my lawn in East Harptree but unfortunately the price was a little prohibitive.


The same applied to this sheep made of Portland Stone.


This owl was also on display at the same venue.


The following sculptures were all made from a rusted metal but were surprisingly effective.


I am thinking of putting this windmill on my Christmas wish list!


On Sunday afternoon we called in on another venue where one of older daughter's friends was exhibiting her artwork alongside this jolly scarecrow and some home made chutney.


I came home with my bag bulging with homemade soaps, greeting cards, glassware and chutney. So that's me started on my Christmas shopping and it's still only October!






8 comments:

  1. looks a fabulous event - jut the kind of thing I love to visit - I'd happily fill my garden with those sculptures. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! those sculptures, yes they would be lovely in my garden too although I can imagine the hilarity I would be privy too if I had that sheep as it does look as if its, everso slightly, squatting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That deer really looks like it's moving! That sounds like a wonderful tour: i'd be more than happy to come along if I were in the area.

    Christmas shopping. You're right. I should make a start.

    Wishing you a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the deer is wonderful. I rather like the owl too. Have a great week Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was about to say I hadn't started my Christmas shopping, but remembered I picked up a couple gifts for grandchildren this summer in Providence. Nonetheless, I haven't started any serious thinking about it. I love the windmill, and that fat, curly sheep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic art tour - I would like the sheep in my yard, heck I would like a whole flock of them, so cute. The deer is so life like. Christmas shopping early I think is a great idea, helps spread the cost out & takes the frantic shopping late out of it. Happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't her artwork lovely? I like that scarecrow too ... And the sculptures are so visually intriguing. I think the deer is my favourite, and can quite see why you'd want to be able to see him (her?) on the lawn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that sheep. What a fun way to spend time looking at all the various works of art. I've just made a little start on my Christmas shopping too, for the little bits, but need to give it some serious thought real soon as November is nearly here.

    ReplyDelete