Friday 3 July 2015

A Fabulous Setting

Hampton Court Palace Flower Show has a most spectacular setting. It is set in the parkland directly behind the palace gardens.


The Long Water divides the two parts of the show and also provides a focus as one wanders back and forth over the "pontoons".



The themes of the show are clear to see.



There was plenty to see to meet these aims. It often happens that certain schemes or plants dominate. On this occasion Alliums and Agapanthus seemed to be the most popular. I have never seen such a range of Alliums in all shapes, sizes and designs.

                                       






The agapanthus were equally prevalent.


















4 comments:

  1. I love the alliums and it looks a great show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW !!!! I am in total envy. What a wonderful experience. I would have walked around all day with my mouth wide open in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I have never seen alums like that and the topiary trees made from the flower heads is incredible. I will never look at them the same again, though I already liked them as a flower. Interesting about the agapanthus.... I have some in my garden and they remind me of my granddad who grew them. I would not have expected them to be a highlight at a national show - well done agapanthus!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous setting and a fabulous set of photos Maggie. Alliums made of alliums...genius!

    ReplyDelete