Thursday 23 July 2015

Urban River Gardens

On Tuesday afternoon I had another hour to spare whilst waiting for younger daughter. This time it was while she took her driving theory test which I am pleased to say she passed! Another step forward to independence! The test centre is in the centre of Bristol so I went for a little wander along the river. A lot of this area has recently been redeveloped and a lot of large companies have their offices in this area. It was quite a pleasant walk and was obviously used a lot by people on their lunch breaks and walking to Temple Meads Station.
It was some of the houseboats that caught my eye and their horticultural efforts! I love the name of this one.


What do you suppose they were growing? Rhubarb? No I'm afraid not. Courgettes! 

 
This one is prepared for Christmas.


And how about a floating greenhouse? Tomato anyone?


Someone has been very busy creating this little garden area.





It can even be appreciated from the other side.








4 comments:

  1. Well isn't that an interesting way to garden. Needs always find the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tomato greenhouse on the little deck at the end of the boat - gardeners will always find space for a pot or 5

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least watering is quick and easy - a cup over the side and the job's a goodun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh such cleverness - I really do appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete