Monday 27 July 2015

Wet Weather Cheer Up

I think that most of Great Britain has had heavy rain over the last two days. It has been rather like Autumn with the dark evenings and the chilly air. So I thought today some cheerful flower pictures were needed to stop us all feeling blue. When I visited mum's last week the sun was shining and I turned the camera on her garden.


There is quite an array of colours but the agapanthus certainly stand out.


These midnight blue ones actually belong to my sister. My mum is long term plant sitter for them while my sister is living in the States for a few years. She wanted me to take a picture for Julie so everyone else can enjoy them too!


She has quite a few of her own too.


This next slightly striped one called Charlotte is a new acquisition this year. I came across it in the greengrocers. The lady in front of me in the queue had picked one up so I too bought one each for mum and myself.


The white ones are only just emerging 


This next one called Double Diamond was a present from us for their Diamond Wedding a couple of years ago. 



I am always however attracted back to the blue.



And it seems I am not alone there!




Then there seems to be wild strawberry thief amongst these...


Caught in the act!

















5 comments:

  1. There's a great line in Half Blood Prince about agapanthus - Prof Dumbledore admires the Dursley's pot of agapanthus ... which in your Mum's garden are gorgeous. I do like the Charlotte ones, all dainty and pretty, fit for a princess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flowers - and it is amazing how you captured the bee's wings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos Maggie, I agree that capturing the bee's wings is extraordinary.

    No surprise really that the agapanthus are thriving under Mum's green fingers. They look an even deeper blue than I remember. It looks as if the rain and sunshine has made the whole garden very lush this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep: the cheerful flower pictures are very much appreciated here

    ReplyDelete
  5. That certainly is a beautiful flower I will have to look out for them next year, my garden could do with some bright colours.

    ReplyDelete