Saturday 6 August 2016

5 in 5 : Stepping Back in Time

I took some friends to Wells for a walk around a small part of the city. Whilst walking along the North side of Wells Cathedral I had a chance to do my 5 photos in 5 minutes for Sandie's 5 in 5. I started by the cathedral by looking up.
1. 

Then a little  peep back through the arches at the famous medieval clock which is actually a little younger than the astrology clock inside.

2.

Then it was up Vicars Close still owned by Wells Cathedral and thought to be the oldest residential street. 
3.

There was a chance of a peep through someone's gate.
4.

Finally looking back towards the cathedral.
5.





5 comments:

  1. Great photos and a lovely day to walk through Wells by the look of it

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful set of photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful walk. I really like the last photo of the fantastic chimneys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed this walk with you Maggie. I have never been to Wells, clearly I have missed out. We are currently negotiating having a new camper converted by a company in Somerset, perhaps we should make a detour next time we are there.
    I loved the peep through the arches, and the chimneys. These gave me ideas for taking photos of my own. What a beautiful place to visit, thank you for sharing and for taking part. I love armchair travel and ideas that spark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! these are gorgeous Maggie! Wells, such a pretty place.

    ReplyDelete