Sunday 6 October 2019

5 in 5 : A New Perspective

For the first time in many months I am joining Sandie at her blog Itchifingers to take part in her monthly meme 5 in 5. The idea is that you take your camera and your watch and take as many photos as you can in 5 minutes. Then fo the hard bit, choose 5 of them and publish them on your blog.
Sometime ago I took a close up look out of my back door. Many of you will know we have moved. We have moved all of 100 yards  across the yard into part of the farmhouse. So I thought it would be good to take a close up look outside of my new back door. So please join me on a 5 minute trip outside my breakfast room door.
1.Just outside the door. Everything is still full of colour. The dahlias are scruffy but still vibrant.


2. Peeping round the corner. The cosmos are holding up!



3. A close up on the flower border. Student daughter who actually has now graduated) was describing fuchsias the other day to my mum as the flamingo shaped flowers!


4. Looking back. This is our breakfast room from outside! 


5. Lastly a contented dog. Poppy is now leading a double life. She spends some of the time with us and then goes back to her old garden to spend time with Farmer Daughter when I am out and at night. She is in love with Farmer Daughter's new  tenant "the chef" and pesters him continually.


6 comments:

  1. How lovely to see Poppy so grown up now. Your garden is still gifting you richly. Full circle with Farmer Daughter in the old house ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Poppy is very grown up and enjoying her double life. I must do a pet update post soon.

      Delete
  2. Lovely place to look out on, or to sit in and relax. Sounds like a nice lifestyle all together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very lucky I know to live in such a lovely place.

      Delete
  3. I'm always happy to see what's outside your windows, and especially glad to see the new window from the outside! What a lovely setting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen, sorry for the delay in responding. I was on an extended road trip and couldn't access internet so am trying to catch up now I am back home. I hope you are now settled in your new home and enjoying the change. Lucky Poppy having two homes to wander between! These are beautiful photos as always and your breakfast room looks very inviting. What a joy to look out from those lovely windows onto your garden. Thank you for joining in 5in5 as always x

    ReplyDelete