Sunday 28 April 2019

Taking Shape



A few days ago I gave a bit of an update on how the house is progressing. Several people commentated on the conservatory room so I have taken a few more photos of what it is actually looking like now.


A lot of the outside groundwork has now been done. The stone wall is completed. The patio slabs are down and the grass has been resown. It is not over clear to see but the building is set down I with steps down to the door. This is to achieve flat flooring inside flowing through from the kitchen and dining room. I have discovered that those who work in interior design talk about 'flowing' all the time!


This shows the interior. It will be the dining part of the kitchen with units coming round into it and then a table and perhaps an easy chair or two. We will be able to enjoy the glorious view all day! There has been some debate what we should call this room. The builder refers to it as the Orangery that sounds rather grand. We favour the Breakfast Room. Any suggestions? 




6 comments:

  1. Yes saw that step down - nicely blends in. I'm not sure what I'd call the room but it certainly has glorious views. I chuckled at "room flow" comment because I hear it too in all the home reno/decorating shows.

    Maggie I hope you join us for the SPSH - the list goes up Monday, We certainly missed your finds in the WPSH. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever you call it, it's going to be a wonderful space! I would love a room with all those windows and a beautiful view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving that conservatory, agree with the above comment on "garden room" - you can say to visitors "We will have tea in the garden room", very Downton Abbey!

    ReplyDelete