Thursday 4 June 2020

A Few Raindrops

We have actually had some rain! What better timing is that? The hay is all done and gathered in and the shearers have been. We actually haven’t had a great deal but some is better than none. This morning I noticed the raindrops settled on quite a lot of the flowers. I had a few morning jobs to do first but then I lifted my camera before the flowers all dried.
I bought this aeonium at a plant sale at a local open garden last year. It was about 6ins tall and about 2ins diameter. It is now about a foot tall!



I bought this Alstroemeria (Peruvian Lily) last June. I am delighted with the display it is giving with multiple blooms.



You may recall that we had a lot of these poppies in the quarry a couple of years ago on a piece of ground that had been cleared. I collected some seed and spread them around the flower borders. It’s great that they are still appearing.


This is another type of poppy In the garden.


I am unsure of the name of this one.


Roses are looking particularly good this year.



This is a David Austin climbing rose called Tess of the Durbervilles. It is giving a fabulous display this year. It is positioned Just outside the door to the shed where we sell eggs. It does concern me slightly that many people can’t resist smelling it when they get out of their cars to purchase eggs. I just hope that they all grab a different bloom to sniff. Can a beautiful rose harbour this ghastly virus on it? I hope not.


Then of course the foxgloves are at their best at the moment.










7 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely colour and I envy your rain. The yellow shrub is a hypericum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They are pretty but I have a low threshold for pulling them out because they seem to appear everywhere!

      Delete
  2. The flowers look lovely and fresh after the rain!
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flower photos. I envy your foxgloves, they just won't grow in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alstroemeria are some of my favourite flowers to have in a vase, they last so long for such delicate flowers. We, too, have rain today (currently lashing down against the window!) it's come as a bit of a shock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colours of these foxgloves x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fab snapshots - I like the flowers with their heads bowed in contemplation.

    ReplyDelete