Wednesday 29 October 2014

Don't try and eat this ZIZO!

Yesterday I showed some field mushrooms and how I decided to cook them. Today I have chosen some of the other fungi I have spotted lately. I am using these pictures to join in Helena's weekly Wednesday ZIZO. You can see them on her blog
When I went on the walk around the old redding pit which if you have not read you can see here we were accompanied by a local bonatist. You will see on the right side a collection of old logs.


This lady pointed out to me a massive number of minute toadstools covering the fallen wood.


They are barely visible from this distance however on taking a closer look..



On the next bright day when I could find time I returned with my tripod to take some further close ups. The tripod was dragged out of the wardrobe and dusted down as I knew the light conditions would be poor. When I arrived at the location I could see from a distance that a lot of the tiny toadstools had died.


 I managed to find a few for some close ups.




The seedling gives you an idea of size!








5 comments:

  1. beautiful both as a carpet covering the log and individually

    ReplyDelete
  2. your zoom-in photos are so lovely with beautiful compositions!
    Mushrooms can have such a short lifespan.....it is good you managed to catch some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They really are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are cute little things!! I'm not sure I have ever seen such tiny mushrooms!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my, they are so tiny and so beautiful! Great ZIZO!

    ReplyDelete