Wednesday 19 August 2020

Visiting Rosemoor 4 Roses and More





 Our next visit was to the Rose Gardens. There are two of these. The Shrub Rose Garden is a wonderful mixture of roses and other summer shrubs. It is mainly the more traditional and old fashioned roses. It’s the kind of garden where you could just sit in all day.





Here are a few of my favourites.






Can’t you just smell them from here?


The Queen Mother’s Rose Garden reflects more modern varieties of roses.



After sharing a cream tea at the outdoor cafe (well we thought we better support them, sounds like a good enough excuse) we moved on to the Cool Garden. This is is the most recent addition to Rosemoor and is certainly architecturally impressive.


There is a series of channels of shallow water which are accurately constructed to give exactly the right flow of water.



Alongside this are plantings of mainly whites and blues but as you can see some yellows.


The garden replaces a previous garden called The Winter Garden and some of the shrubs have been preserved from this.


A complete contrast is found in the adjacent garden. The Hot Garden is full of rich reds, oranges and yellows. All very pleasing to the eye.





The colours are reflected in the leaves as well as the flowers.


This fiery display of helenium were particularly impressive. It prompted to me to buy a helenium in the plant centre although I can’t imagine mine looking this good!



I hope you have enjoyed my trip around Rosemoor. We certainly had a lovely day. Next on my list of RHS gardens is Wisley but whether we will get there this year, I don’t know.




3 comments:

  1. Rosemoor seems to be such a idyllic place to first. I like that the gardens are divided into rooms, it gives you a place to go. The water features in the cool garden are marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this. It is exquisite. I wish I could smell all those roses! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a lovely place. Such a nice walk to start my day - thanks.

    ReplyDelete