Saturday 7 April 2018

Every Generation

There is something about the lambing shed in that it attracts and fascinates a lot of people. There is something very special about seeing a newborn lamb and even more so to see one born. These lambs born while I was in the shed yesterday are less than 30 minutes old.


Over the Easter weekend our guests were keen to see the action. We were delighted that my mum managed to walk up to see them and join the workers.


Equally it was great to have my niece and her young family amidst the action. We had already had the album out showing her first visit to the farm during the Spring prior to the farmer and I getting married 25 years ago. Yes that is me with her looking a few years younger!


Now we are able to introduce her children to farming life. The little one is a bit young to join in.


However the older one was definitely enlisted as the new apprentice.





He certainly earned his supper! Then it was time before bedtime for an favourite storybook loved by both his mum and aunties.


Most of these photos are courtesy of either my sister or my niece.

4 comments:

  1. Cuteness overload! (Of both species.) I once cuddled and fed young lambs - had to go all the way to NZ to do so, but it was worth the journey ;o) Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to spend time in your lambing shed! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely photos, I do envy you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely family photos, past and present. The 25 years have passed quickly!

    ReplyDelete