Wednesday 4 July 2018

Playing with a Framed View

Anyone who follows my blog will know that I love to try out different framed views wherever I go. This year I have the additional fun of finding the right picture for the SPSH prompt No. 3 A Framed view. My recent visit to Chatsworth House gardens was an ideal opportunity for a few attempts. The Cottage Garden was the first location to lend itself to a multitude of opportunities.


Firstly looking up the main path through the arches. I didn't always have a clear view with farmer husband adding to the picture.



Then a lady with her parasol.


Eventually I got a clear view.



Then the view back down the path.

The vegetable garden supplies the house and any surplus is sold. It was redesigned between 1991 and 1993 into geometric shaped raised beds. Various art installations add to the garden.



Student daughter thought that the greenhouses had a "Harry Potter " feel about them. They were ideal for another shape framed view.



A classic framed arch scene was achievable looking into the Old Conservatory site.

Then some more leafy frames were caught looking up through the Serpentine Hedges .


Then up Broad Walk. Despite waiting patiently I couldn't get a completely clear view of this.



I hope you have enjoyed this taster of what the gardens have to offer. It is a garden that would take many days and seasons to totally explore.

2 comments:

  1. I just knew you'd take this prompt & run with it. I want a parasol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No surprise to find this bounty of "framed views" here! Yours are always among my faves.

    ReplyDelete