Friday 13 November 2020

Is it Really November?

 When I woke this morning there was a fine drizzle but within an hour the sun was shining. I therefore put off my chores for a while and went out with my new camera. A little bit of sunshine and a few rain drops are a good mix.


Yes I still have cosmos still in flower and these plants still looks particularly vigorous.


The other annual that is till flowering like mad is rudbeckia. These cheerful yellow flowers are still brightening quite a few flower beds.



This fuchsia that I grew from a cutting is planted in a pot near our kitchen window. It too is still flowering.


We even still have a hot poker!


Several of the roses have a single bloom left.



Meanwhile there are signs of Autumn and a variety of seed heads.


Which provide food for the wild birds.



The asparagus is now golden in colour and is ready to be cut back.


Yes it is indeed almost mid November.













9 comments:

  1. Your new camera has fantastic sharpness, love your photo's. Hubby and I often have photo competitions, we choose location, often the garden, we take 10 photo's then we decide which one we like the best from our own, with out tell the other. Then we look at the other set and decide which one we like. If we both choose the same photo, then that's the winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you enjoying the new camera? You've certainly taken some lovely photos with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m still finding my way round it. Old habits die hard and I was very familiar with my Pentax but yes so good so far

      Delete
  3. I've been well aware for years now, that your climate is much milder than ours. We've had a long stretch of Indian Summer, but nearly all of our flowers were gone before then. Your photos are lovely, and you must be pleased with the new camera.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cosmos are pretty much all I have left here ... as well as some brave fuchsias and the odd pansy/viola. The new toy seems a hit so far - I really like the first rudbeckia pic and the first rose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to still have some colour in the garden. The quality of your photos is beautiful, it looks like you and your new camera are going to be good friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Maggie - oh today (27th) is a wonderful day celebrating you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Maggie (for Nov 27th). Hope you have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Maggie, happy birthday to you. It's the first time I've sung this song without washing my hands (col).

    ReplyDelete