Wednesday 4 November 2020

Frosty Morning

 It was refreshing this morning to wake to a clear bright day after the wet miserable week we have had. The sun was rising, low cloud hung over the valley and there was a light frost on the lawn. A good morning to pop upstairs to the attic to take a photograph.


The colder weather has also encouraged the birds to make good use of the feeders.


The garden is currently fairly colourful with some plants still flowering.






It is quite likely that the frosts will soon bring an end to this colour but I can’t really complain when we are already in November. There is one plant that will soon be going safely into the greenhouse and that’s the rather fragile (and lucky to be alive) Chocolate Cosmos.


A little bit of sunshine helps to cheer our hearts. I shall be thinking particularly of my English friends as we step into the most recent lockdown. Take good care of yourselves.





6 comments:

  1. Our frost here in southern Hampshire was more an air frost, the roofs white but the ground clear, we do miss alot of the bad weather, as we sit protected by the Isle of Wight. your garden looks good for November.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I raise my tea mug to a sunny cheery day for you. For a November day, your garden is still producing some lovely flowers for you & oh my you get some sweet feathered visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you too Maggie.

    We've had a bit of ground frost but not too bad. Today is our first really misty day, which somehow seems appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely to see all the green. Out here in California it is dry and we are waiting for the winter rains - hopefully this weekend. Stay safe!
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your top photo is s t u n n i n g ! What a sight to wake up to!
    We had our first frost on Tuesday night. I had a final evening around the firepit with M and A and it was a lot chillier than last month's. Had to scrape my car before I left! I'm feeling gloomy about the lockdown although I agree it is needed - just not as strong as I was in the spring, after the year we've had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I know I am very lucky to live in such a lovely place. I hope you are ok in lockdown. It’s far from easy. Are you able to make a bubble with anyone?

      Delete