Wednesday 17 June 2015

Aquilegia Pairs

This week for Helena's Pairs I have chosen two pictures I took in my garden. Hopefully I will get round to showing the other pictures soon. We have a lot of Aquilegia/ Columbines/ Granny Bonnets growing in the garden. Most of them are pale pink or purple and they generally self seed on their own. In the back garden we have one rather different one. Here it is.

Front View

                         


Side View.

                          


It does not seem to be so prolific at self seeding. I will have to try and remember to collect some seed from it this year.


7 comments:

  1. Great photo and such a pretty flower, very unique. Anything in pink is perfect in my opinion ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name Granny Bonnet - they would make an elegant hat

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of my favorite flowers!! Love the name Granny Bonnet

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that side view very much. It's something a little different

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pics Maggie. Hope you manage to grow more. My Dad used to have only ornamental aquilegias of various colour combos but over time they have all self-seeded and reverted to the common variety. I only discovered the alternative names through comments echange on one of your recent blog posts - granny's bonnet is nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! My mother grew stunning blue columbines and although I've tried to grow them myself, I haven't had much success.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is gorgeous - hope it comes true from seed.

    ReplyDelete