Wednesday 3 June 2015

Poppy Pairs

Wednesday has flown around again and it is time for Helena's Pairs. I was tempted to choose a picture from our bloggers meet up on Saturday which you can read about here but I am saving some of those for later in the week. So I have chosen two from my walk around Mells last Friday. We called into the Walled Garden which I am yet to post the pictures of (such a busy week!). These poppies caught my eye. They were still quite soggy from the rain.
Orange and Red or One and Two.




13 comments:

  1. I've never seen orange and white poppies; just gorgeous! I noticed on my walk yesterday that my neighbor's poppies are blooming. One of my favorite flowers, but I've never planted them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. big poppies always make me think of the grand skirts of cancan dancers and these are great examples

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love poppies!! I don't think I have seen bi-colour poppies either...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I was just admiring a crop of giant poppies when I was out and about earlier today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen orange and white poppies before - rather striking. Love the red tho'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love poppies, mine have not flowered yet! The walled garden in Mells is a gorgeous place to visit, I will look forward to seeing your photos as I went at a different time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. After seeing huge poppies in our neighbours garden I really want to grow some in ours. Seeing your photos has made me want to even more. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The orange & white is new to me too. What a fabulous pair Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely - very unusual colours in the first pic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos. Poppies remind me of tissue paper.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love poppies and I'm another one who has never seen an orange one before. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete