Friday 5 June 2015

Around College Green 5 in 5

It is the 5th June and I am joining in with Sandie's 5 in 5.  Last Saturday I met up with fellow bloggers and went on a sculpture walk around Bristol. One of the areas where we lingered for some time was College Green. More of my photos can be seen on last Sunday's post. I have picked 5 for this meme that depict the feel of College Green on that day.
There is a lot of water with several fountains and a kind of moat in front of the council buildings. The background of this one shows some of the Bristol Cathedral that looks over this space.


It is obviously a very religious area which I have depicted with the cross in this archway.


Then the importance of Bristol with the large council building topped with one of two unicorns.


It is also a place of recreation. This man may look as if he was levitating but he has actually been balancing on his tight rope. Miriam has composed a great collage of him on her blog here.


Then finally there were a number of youngsters skateboarding and this lad was particularly adept at sweeping up onto the benches and down again.

                                  

7 comments:

  1. I was invited to come along, but sadly, as it was my mum's birthday and I was in Essex, I knew I wouldn't be able to make it. Pleased you all had a great time. Joy x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun you all had Maggie!! I was sorry not to be able to join you too, hopefully another time.
    I love the photo of the man on the rope, it certainly does look like he is levitating! All the photos are lovely, but the unicorn held my attention - I just love the gold and it's elegant shape.
    Thank you so much for joining in this month, seeing your 5 photos makes me smile and it was lovely to see more of your meet with fellow friends and bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All has become clear. I saw the levitator on one of the other blogs and couldn't work out what he was all about - thought he was doing acrobatics on a crashmat or something! Now I see - very cool! Some kind of charity stunt or just how he likes to spend the afternoon? :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he was practicing. We thought he had chosen the place to use two good trees to tie his tight rope on. He took ages setting up. In fact I asked him what he was doing. The rope or band was very hard to see when the wind wasn't blowing.

      Delete
    2. My Dad has been heard to say "I'm so tired I could sleep on a washing line". Well, now I know it can be done I shall be requesting a demonstration.

      Delete
  4. great capture of the feel of the square - formal and informal all comfortably together

    ReplyDelete
  5. 5 lovely reminders of a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete