Tuesday 27 February 2018

A Library, a Signpost and a Peek Inside too.

On Sunday morning I went for a walk down into the village in search of photos for the Winter Photography Scavenger Hunt. I had to smile on way down when I spotted this house sign. Not relevant for the hunt but a great name for a house in Frog Lane.


The purpose however of my walk was this.


Not only was it another old signpost for No. 18 Signpost which looks great from this angle too. Note the sign directing simply to "airport"!


The telephone box also meets the criteria for No. 11 A bookshop/library. This box like the one I showed before has been converted to a mini library.



Just to be sure lets take A peep inside ( No.25)



The mini library looks well stocked which is great because not long after it was opened last summer it was set fire to. It's great to see that this did not put the innovator off.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely photos and a great little library, hope it gets lots of visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the library in the phone box. LOL about the frog statue on Frog Lane. In the town next to our village they have a Turtle Lane & there is all kinds of turtles in the front of the homes, I need to go have a peek at what I can find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice for library! I'm glad the person behind it didn't give up - it's great to see these old phone boxes given a new purpose.

    ReplyDelete