Friday 2 February 2018

A Photo a Week Challenge: Clouds

It is quite a while since I have joined in with Nancy Merrill's  weekly photo challenge but when I saw this week's challenge it fitted well with the post I had planned for today. Her subject choice is Clouds and I had just the photos lined up!
I have a short circuit on the farm which I walk when I am short of time. Usually Poppy can stay off the lead so she gets a good run around. When I did this walk on Monday the sun was still shining quite late in the afternoon.
You may recall the stubble turnip field which Poppy loved running through. The lambs have been grazing on these for some weeks now. The leaves are well eaten down and a lot of the turnips have been demolished. It hasn't taken Poppy long to realise that they taste good. She runs along with one in her mouth stopping intermittently for a chew. This picture shows an ash tree that I frequently photograph. You can see the lambs grazing in the distance.


The lambs have made parts of the field very muddy. Certain areas are like walking on a skating rink. I don't wander out here without a walker's stick to stabilise me! You can see the wet in this next picture.


I couldn't resist this picture of the tree and sky showing how quickly the sun is going down and of course the clouds collecting as well.





3 comments:

  1. Yes I agree you had the perfect photos for the challenge. Clouds are always fun to photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully captured. Love all of these photos. Thanks for joining the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos. Glad Poppy is enjoying the turnips!

    ReplyDelete