Wednesday 21 February 2018

Some More Early Colour

When today started I thought it was going to stay dull all day. I nevertheless optimistically hung the washing out on the line. It was worth it because the sun was soon shining. I was off to see my mum and sister for lunch so Poppy got her walk early today. I had my camera in tow so I stopped for a few more photos of the early spring bulbs as I walked through the yard.
There are a few different colour crocuses out now. This striped one is one of my favourites.


The vibrant dark purple is also lovely.


The yellow ones are still blooming.



The snowdrops are also still in full flower.


Together they make a brilliant dash of colour.


3 comments:

  1. Love these photos; purple is a hard color to photograph, and your crocus is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photos Maggie. It's a beautiful sight to see all the splashes of colour peeping through heralding the end of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only just found this post! V unusual striped crocus. I like it!

    ReplyDelete