Wednesday 15 August 2018

Imaginative Courgettes

There is always a spell in the summer when we are over run with courgettes. These gorgeous yellow ones were in the kitchen garden at Avebury Manor.



Some of ours have become a little tired by the time I get to use them.



 It is during this time that I am looking for different recipes to use them up. 



This year I have made some very successful courgette cakes which also freeze very well. Then I discovered this recipe for Boureki which has become a great favourite. I have made a few adaptions substituting the mizithra for feta although I should really try it with some ricotta. When I am feeling very naughty I grate a bit of cheddar on the top too towards the end of the cooking time.
My newest discovery is a recipe suggested by my niece called microwave Zoats. It may not look or sound the best.


It is however delicious especially topped with fruit.


It makes a good breakfast.


It's very filling.


Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment