Wednesday 22 July 2020

Garden Detail

I always spend quite a lot of time gardening but this year I have probably spent longer than usual. I also have new beds to deal with as well as helping farmer daughter with our old garden. You will know from previous posts that I do like to get outside just after it has rained to capture a few close ups. 
I was given this double hollyhock by my brother in law last year and I planted it close to our  kitchen window. It is giving a wonderful show. Brother in Law has admired it several times but had forgotten they had grown them. It seems his didn’t do so well!


Not so many flowers on the agapanthus this year but they are just coming out.


I bought this Alstroemerias called Indian Summer on my visit to Tyntesfield. I was particularly taken by its bronzed leaves. This two is just by our kitchen window.


The evening primrose look beautiful at the moment especially as they open up in the evening to attract moths.



This is the seed pods of a plant that Farmer Husband refers to as the Woman’s Realm plant because that is where his mum originally got the seed!


My cosmos are a but slow this year. The dwarf variety are doing quite well but the Sonata Mix germinated as weedy little plants and are not much better now.


4 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful flower shots! I am amazed by that hollyhock. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos of your very gorgeous flowers. Agapanthus always remind me of Dumbledore from Harry Potter (book 6).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! One of the challenges of gardening is discovering that what does well one year, may not do as well the next year. Last year we had a beautiful Alstroemeria on our patio. This year, a similar plant has failed to do much at all. I've never seen a double holyhock; it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hollyhock is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete