Thursday 11 October 2018

Take Three Thursday: Autumn Work

It's time again for Take Three Thursday, a creation of Mary Lou's from Patio Postcards where we post three photos with a theme.
This week I am taking you out into our arable feeds where it has been a very busy week. The weather has been kind to us so in just over a week the potato harvesting has been completed, the fields have been ploughed, power harrowed and drilled with either winter barley or wheat seed. They have then been rolled and sprayed for weeds. An industrious time!
I am afraid I only have photos of two parts of the process. The power harrow.



Then the drill.


I give you full permission to sing "We plough the fields and scatter"

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for joining in Maggie. Like the photos of the richness of the soil. I do wish our farmer would plant something other corn next year - I think potatoes would be a wonderful change up.

    ReplyDelete