Monday 29 October 2018

Coffee with one Sugar Please!

I am having to make sure the sugar bowl is replenished regularly at the moment and the biscuit and cake tin. Did I mention that we have builders working here at the moment? It's time to do some work on the main farmhouse and they have started with the roof.


They are gradually redoing the whole roof and fitting new windows which is going take a few weeks.


So as you can imagine there are a few teas and coffees to be made. It's also an excuse to make cookies and cakes to keep the roofers' energy levels up. 


This is the beginning of a bigger plan. More will be revealed in due course.

6 comments:

  1. That is a lot of scaffolding. New tiles & windows, a lot of work. Our roofers did not want any tea, coffee or hot chocolate so I think I got off lightly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your roof and chimneys! I agree that it is a lot of scaffolding. Normally roofers here are just up, wandering around on the roof, with minimal ladders / scaffolding (must be the difference between asphalt shingles and tiles - more slippery?) -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scaffolding is the normal here. Probably more slippery and a lot of tiles to be stacked and then refitted or replaced.

      Delete
  3. This all sounds very exciting Maggie. I'm looking forward to seeing the photos when it's completed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh... I'm intrigued about what else is planned! Everyone's on rennos at the mo, it seems! (If you can find a job for me, then do say - I'll be there in a jiff if your workers get homemade biccies and cake! What luxury!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a huge roof! I remember well having ours replaced; noisy and very dirty!

    ReplyDelete