Monday 30 January 2017

It's Monday : A Stack of Mail

I am a bit late waving to Sian and all the Monday bloggers today. It's been a busy day catching up on jobs.
So what has arrived in our post box this week? Well we returned home on Saturday to find a pile of mail waiting for us. Sad to say it was mainly bills but there were a couple of items of interest. One was my National Trust magazine and new handbook.


It's good to browse through in January and to plan some trips for later in the year.
Then I also had this which I think probably arrived soon after I left.


A Christmas card from my sister in America. Thanks Julie! Christmas seems a long time ago. When we arrived in New Zealand decorations were still up which was not surprising as it was only January 1st. What did suprise us when we stayed in a couple of B&Bs in mid January was that both still had decorations up. Don't they know it's bad luck after Twelth Night?
Oh and here's a little decoration we bought for our tree next year.


Have a good week!

3 comments:

  1. A very cute ornament for 2017's Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! I thought I had posted that card in good time.,,

    I have concluded that Twelfth Night is a British thing. Lots of lights, wreaths etc still visible here at the end of January..

    ReplyDelete
  3. A National Trust Handbook sounds like the perfect thing to come home to after a fine holiday :) I hadn't thought of Twelfth Night being a UK thing. That's an interesting point.

    Wishing you a great week ahead and all speed with the holiday laundry.

    ReplyDelete