Friday 13 January 2017

The Largest Lake

My photos are still limited without my little device and things have been quite busy to keep up with my posts. I'm not very good at getting my iPhone out to take pictures as well as my camera.
 We spent two nights in the vicinity of Lake Taupo, a beautiful part of the country. Lake Taupo is the size of Singapore so absolutely vast to explore. We chose to take a sailing boat cruise on the lake which is a lovely way to drift along.


Excuse the gentleman's leg in this one!


I hope it gives you a feel of the day. We saw the Maori stone carvings but you will have to wait to see those photos. Sadly it was too choppy for a dip although I am not sure I would have been brave enough to jump in! I can assure you there wouldn't have been any photos of that anyway! We did however enjoy a glass of wine on the return journey!




No comments:

Post a Comment