Saturday 16 August 2014

Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt final photos

I have finally found all the photos for the scavenger hunt set by Rinda. It has been great fun and I am already looking forward to next year's. These are the final ones.

No.1 A Sign Welcoming you to your home town or village.

I have chosen a village near too us which like a lot of the villages locally had new stone signs from local stone made for the millennium.




Yes I know. It looks rather like a tombstone!

No. 2 A Garden Gnome

I visited a local garden centre in search of a garden gnome. I was just giving up hope when I spotted these little chaps hiding under a table!


Judging by the reduction in price nobody was too keen on Woodland Wilf!
I thought that was it until whilst drinking a coffee I peered out into my friend's garden to spy these two jolly little chaps.






Gnomes turn up in the most unexpected places! She didn't ask why I was photographing them!

No. 9 A Bakery

The subject I have chosen for this is a bakery but would have probably have been referred to as a Bakehouse. It is is part of the kitchens at a house we visited last week. Dyrham Park House like many large houses of it's time had a different room for different cooking activities. There is a dairy with the most beautiful delft tiles and a fountain to keep everything cool. The Bakehouse would have been the opposite, it must have been very hot. You can still see the original ovens which would have been heated by a fire.


The dough was mixed, kneaded and proved in the massive wooden box on the right which is rather like a coffin. What back breaking work!


Then there are some specimen loaves which I wouldn't recommend trying.



No.15 A Juggler

 As for the juggler. I have kept my eyes peeled for this one. I have walked out of my way looking for one. Where has the flame thrower gone from outside the Pump Room in Bath? I thought I had it the other day when the lad on the greengrocer store told me his mum is a juggler ( Why did he tell me that??) I asked if he could juggle some fruit for me but alas the skill had not been passed on! So I have had to cheat slightly. This is the idea of my friend's daughter (big Kate although she is smaller than my Kate). A picture in a book! Big Kate found one for me amongst the second hand books at Dyrham Park.


I have not given up all hope of a real one!





No. 13 A Sun Rise.
I am lucky that I can see the sun rising from my bedroom window so I was able to capture this without going too far at the crack of dawn!








9 comments:

  1. Well done Maggie. I'm nearly there with mine. Just 3-4 more to take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love the bakery you chose!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good lateral thinking on the juggler, I'm waiting til the last week for sunrise to minimise how early I have to get up

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I might have to be inventive for the juggler too - good call. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sunset and clever idea for the juggler! We drove past Dyrham Park on the way home from Scotland today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect sunrise views and very clever juggler find (that one has been tricky for sure)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done and love the sunrise. Like the bakery as well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent juggler idea! I may have to do something similar... :-)

    ReplyDelete