Sunday 17 August 2014

The Chick Story

The swallow chicks are now outside a lot of the time. It is not unusual to see them balancing on the wire outside my kitchen window. They prove to be quite a distraction as I am forever popping out to try and get a photo of them or just watch them.



They are not easy to photograph without bleaching out the blue sky behind.




I certainly don't need to worry about a photograph for Birds on a Wire for Rindas photography scavenger hunt! The days are beginning to get chillier even though it is mid August and the swallows collecting each day on the line is a reminder that Autumn won't be long.


However for now when night comes the swallow chicks still return for a cosy kip back in the nest.












3 comments:

  1. I love the baby swallows...great photographs..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I have some but am hoping to improve on them. Is there a time of day when they seem more inclined to sit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say the morning. More and more swallows collect there the nearer they get to migrating

      Delete