Saturday 3 January 2015

A Little Late for Christmas.

I was interested to see on my sister's blog a Tunis Cake for sale in Tescos. I can't give you a link to her blog as it is not public but I have taken the liberty of showing her photo (sorry Julie!)


She reminded me that we sometimes had this when we were children although we can't recall where.
So not being able to resist the challenge I decided to have a go at making one. So after lunch (when I should have been doing omething far more useful like cleaning the house) I set to finding a recipe. The main one I found on the internet was Mary Berry one from The Great British Bake Off website. Click the link to obtain the recipe. I am not sure if it was used as a challenge on the programme but I would most certainly have run out of time. I am still waiting for the top to set before I can decorate it.






It is still rather squidgey and I shall get it out of the tin and decorate it tomorrow so watch this space for a finished product.  I think we will be using it for pud tomorrow! Yes I know it's a bit late for Christmas!


1 comment:

  1. Wow that is impressive! I only photographed the box and you have actually made it! Pity I am too far away to test it..safely back in Reston now. My blog is open now and can be found at julietinwashington.blogspot.com. Xx

    ReplyDelete