Monday 5 January 2015

One Last Look at Christmas

So when do you take your decorations down? I noticed on Facebook that some folks were taking them down as early as the 27th December but perhaps they had  put them up early in December? I know a lot of people packed them away at the weekend before returning to work today.
Traditionally decorations come down on Twelfth Night which is today. It is considered bad luck to leave them up longer (if you happen to be superstitious). Ours came down today but let's just have one last peep.....








There we are till next year although there are still some needles to clear up.  Never fear everyone! The Easter Eggs and hot cross buns are in the shops.......and did I see an advert for pancake day in one store today?







1 comment:

  1. Lovely stained glass star! We are definitely a Twelfth Night family - though we celebrate it on 6th. I love the idea of observing the full 12 days and can never get my head around around putting the decs up much before 20th. That said - I saw on QI that historically festivities continued till Candlemas, which I think they said was 2nd Feb! (Couldn't live with that either!!)

    ReplyDelete