Wednesday 6 January 2016

Snap on Twelfth Night

There is some disagreement about whether Twelfth Night is the 5th or 6th January. Either way my tree is asking to be released from our lounge. It has been protesting by dropping its needles! So away with the decorations for another year but first I am giving you a glimpse of 4 ornaments. They are all birds but all quite different with individual stories. This also gives me a chance to join in Helena's new meme Snap
I was given this first one by my blogging friend Miriam when we met for coffee in November. It's is one of three that she made and gave me to adorn our house this Christmas.


This peacock was actually on my mum's tree but we have two the same. She bought them some years ago. They are similar to some she had on her own tree as a child.


Kate was given this kiwi as a reminder of her New Zealand trip by one of the girls she met out there.


The swan came from a little craft shop in Bradford on Avon close to the Tythe Barn. We have had it a few years now. I gave it to one of the girls in their advent pocket.


11 comments:

  1. a lovely collection and I love that each was also a gift

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little stories behind each one

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the little stories behind them too. Great minds and all that. We're taking the tree down this afternoon and I thought I'd share a set of ornaments and their memories for Snap. Funny how there is often a common theme among participants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great snap collection and lovely stories.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. I like when Christmas ornaments have story with them - makes in so much more personal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! Maggie these are a very beautiful set. I love the stories behind them too. (blushing just a little but very pleased to see my little bird)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All very different birds and it is the stories behind decorations that go to make a family Christmas tree so special.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Baubles with stories are lovely. I still hang the baubles my boys decorated as toddlers. Our second tree came down on Sunday, the other I took down on the 30th! I want them away once we have got into January x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a lovely collection, ornaments with stories are always special. What a nice variation in birds too. Our tree came down on the 10th but the boxes are still in the living room.

    ReplyDelete