Monday 25 January 2016

Memorandum Monday: What's New?

It's been a quiet weekend. I haven't been far, just around the house and farm. So there hasn't really been any chance to do anything new or even learn anything new for Sian's Memorandum MondayNevertheless I am giving a big wave to Sian and all the other bloggers.
What's new to see and to enjoy the wonderful perfume? This one is just emerging.


But this hyacinth has been in full blooming glory for several days. I hope you are getting a waft of that delightful scent in my conservatory and kitchen.


Then outside. I have been out with the dog and camera in tow. These snowdrops are definitely new.


Then look at the fragile new growth on the variegated holly.


Then I turned round to see this lovely sky.


I hope you have all had a great weekend and I look forward to hearing all about it. Have a good week!





11 comments:

  1. Yes, I can smell that hyacinth from here! Lovely photos. New growth on the holly looks a bit vulnerable..

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely hyacinth - mine all look like your first photo still and lovely to see snowdrops - have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hyacinth is such a pretty delicate colour. Lovely to see all the new growth. Have a great week Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does it sound weird if I say I can smell it too? lol I haven't been able to smell much here and yet the hyacinth has come to me..shows the power of memory I guess. And of your lovely photos.

    Have a great week Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. How odd is that all white holly leaf. I wonder if you clipped that branch & started it as a new plant would all the future leaves be white? I really like the scent of hyacinth flowers - I believe these will be growing wildly in heaven along with lily of the valley & oriental lilies. I like your snowdrop photo - I cannot wait for mine to start (probably not until April for us).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to buy some hyacinths - that looks so beautiful. I will have to venture down the quagmire that passes for our garden (it is just so muddy from the nonstop rain) and look for snowdrops. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos, and so nice to see a breath of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I like these glimpses of spring down your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! that hyacinth is fabulous. I have them in the house at the moment. Natures air freshner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful... such simple pleasures are always the best.
    Mardi x

    ReplyDelete