Saturday 30 September 2017

The Final Choice : Summer Photography Scavenger Hunt.

The time has come to show the final choices for the Summertime photo hunt hosted by Mary Lou. So here goes.

1. Something Fuzzy



2. Bubbles 


3. A Web


4. A Zig Zag


5. A Seasonal Relaxing Space / Item
An outdoor cafe area at Mells Walled Garden 


Then for an item a fire pit.



6. A Pipe.
I took a few of these but this one at Tyntesfield is definitely the finest.


7. The Inside of Something.
A wedding marquee 


8. Rust or Something Derelict.
Rust is definitely the trendy garden decoration.


This isolated barn is heading towards being very derelict.


9. A Kite or balloon.


10. Something yellow.
Okay I know it's a bit orange but they are beautiful!


11. A toy only found out from June until September.


12. A wedding.
Our niece of course.


13. A dome.


14. Someone fishing.


15. Something crafted from wood.


16. A baby (human or animal).
Had to be both.



17. Circles or crosses in architecture.



18. A fan.
Now it was only when I went through the list that I realised I had totally missed this one. This caused a moment of panic. Older daughter was sent to take a picture of the huge fan at the end of the chicken house which helps to keep the shed cool on hot days.


Meanwhile I gave it some consideration and came up with this picture of our favourite little chap. He is definitely a fan. He's a fan of tractors and also a real fan of 'farmer Sam' as he calls older daughter.


19. Feet of man or beast.
Again it's got to be both.



20. Something found underground.


21. A plaque.
This may not look much of a plaque but it has significance to us. It is placed at the entrance to Victoria Park and one of those unfortunate victims was my paternal grandmother.


22. A dial.


23.Something powered by wind.


24. Seasonal food or drink.
A tasty summer dessert shaped as a pyramid at the wedding of my Egyptian friends.


The quintessential English summer drink. Anyone for croquet?


25. A hat.



7 comments:

  1. I love your collection! I especially enjoy the chicken feet, the baby, the architectural ones, and that carved snail! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your final selection too! The chicken fan is brilliant, but I'm so glad someone posted a photo of a human fan(atic). I had wondered whether anyone would use that prompt for sports fans or the like. Other faves: your balloon, windmill, plaque, marquee, zigzag. (And I'm so annoyed, I've just realised that I too had pics of a sundial and forgot to post them!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for playing along Maggie. All are magnificent choices. You said until the next one ... I'm not sure I'm up for that just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great collection of 'finds'. Each year I wish I had joined in..one day...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super photos Maggie. I'm so envious of everyone who has been able to photograph wedding celebrations - I had to cheat a little. Love all the photos - especially the one of little poppy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are so many wonderful photographs here, it's hard to choose a favorite, but I must admit I do love that wedding marquee.

    ReplyDelete