Sunday 5 May 2019

A Few More Sculptures

Yesterday I posted some of the wire animal sculptures on show at the Easter Festival in The Bristol University Botanical Gardens. Today I thought I would chose a few more to share with you. These by Sophie Howard were displayed around the greenhouses and although they were well placed I am not sure I would find room for them in my garden.





These cats meanwhile would be welcome to find a corner in our garden if I could afford one. How well the artist has captured their characteristics.



I also adore these bronze statues particular;y the lambs.





An ex colleague of mine was exhibiting some of her stained glass.








Jude makes a variety of stained glass items as well as restoring stained glass windows. We plan to have a panel in a door made by her in our new house. We are still at the planning stage!

6 comments:

  1. I like the stained glass. I’ve seen it before in gardens and think it looks good but don’t feel it would look right in mine. I like the bronze hare though ... probably out of my price range!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree the cats are great, not sure about the prices on the others, someone will pay the price for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the third, of the horse and rider. Look forward to seeing your stained glass commission in your door, in due course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What talent there is. I would want that big bunny (hare).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Sculptures ….

    Have a wonderful spring

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some of those sculptures would get a lot of conversation in our garden! I think my grandchildren would like the bunnies, and I am a fan of the stained glass, though I'd hesitate to put it in the garden for fear of what a strong wind might do to it.

    ReplyDelete