Saturday 11 May 2019

A Scented Treasure

When I walked into the gardens at Castle Drogo today the perfume was just perfect. The wisteria was in flower stretched across the width of the garden.


Castle Drogo is a property owned by the National Trust in Devon. It's views stretch out over Dartmoor. It was actually built in the 1920's and is actually a house built in the form of a castle. I have visited before but today I was really using it as a quick lunch stop on my way to Cornwall. I had 20 minutes to spare so did a quick garden dash.


Thinking about the Summer Photo Scavenger Hunt my mind was immediately brought to thoughts of No. 20 A favourite seasonal scent.  This scent reminded me of a warm day in my childhood home where a glorious wisteria hung all over the balcony.








What beautiful shrubs they are!


4 comments:

  1. Lovely. It's a fantastic year for wisteria. I've seen some amazing canopies. Sadly, I've managed to kill mine. 😣

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I love when scents stir the memory pot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how wonderful it must have been to be there and breathe in spring!

    ReplyDelete