Monday 10 July 2017

Peas in a Pod

The peas in the garden have been picked and I have been given our share to get sorted.


I had podded a few on Saturday night so that I had some ready to eat with our Sunday lunch but I still had plenty to tackle.


Podding peas is a job I can remember doing from very young. Apparently not many made it into the bowl! So after lunch we sat down for a cuppa and the podding began. Mum was put to work.


There was some other help around. Monty's main interest was hoovering the grass of any fallen empty pods or stray peas.


Then there was a kind of help of a feline nature.



The job was soon done and the peas were ready for the freezer.



Bon appetit! 


4 comments:

  1. Feline company makes any task so much enjoyable, well at least to me it does & of course Monty is good company (col). Those are big fat juicy looking peas - Mr Man would have been first in line to help, no wait his bowl would be nearly empty as he'd eat as he went along, so yeah maybe feline help is the best for this task! Happy week ahead Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love that last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look delicious! I had a lobster/pea risotto tonight at a lovely restaurant on the Cape before we crossed the bridge. Think I'll be looking for fresh peas at the market when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look good and glad all the family was joining in (well nearly!)

    ReplyDelete