Thursday 27 July 2017

Take Three Thursday: The Dovecote

On a Thursday I join Mary Lou with choosing 3 of my photos with a theme. This week I have been showing photos of the National Trust property Chastleton House that I visited on Sunday. Today for you I have chosen three photos of a prominent feature namely the Dovecote.
1. The first view you have as you descend across the parkland from the car park is across to the dovecote.


2. Looking back through the gate as you arrive at the house.


3. Looking over the wall as you approach the church.



5 comments:

  1. That is a very large & quite a nice dovercote - lucky birds! What an idyllic setting in the first photo, all the sweet little sheep enjoying the shade. Thanks for joining in Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe I've ever seen anything like this dovecot. Lovely, and lovely setting as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. H! I'm from Ontario and found your blog by reading Patio Postcards. This is an amazing bit of serendipity! Last year, in August, my husband and I went on a trip to the Cotswolds for our 25th wedding anniversary and we visited this place! As soon as you mentioned a dovecote, I knew it was where we had been. In fact, I'm pretty sure I have a picture of it! I loved going through that and finding out about it. I will follow your blog now. I'm glad I found it! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is some dovecote! You don't mention whether or not there are still doves, but I assume that there are..

    ReplyDelete
  5. No doves and only 99 holes so I believe. There was a tax on a hundred plus doves!

    ReplyDelete