Friday 21 August 2015

The Beauty of Raindrops

The amount of rain we have had has certainly kept the garden moist. I slipped out after the rain to catch those drops on the flowers.
My Agapanthus from a bulb from Lidil.



A plant we bought in St Merryn, Cornwall at a craft fair during the Queen's Jubilee celebrations. Not sure of its name. 


A slightly weatherworn fuchsia.


My sweet peas this year are from seeds I bought at the Chelsea Flower Show last year. They are not flowering profusely but the flowers are big and are well perfumed. 


 I was given this rose at Christmas in a pot. I have planted it outside and it is now flowering.



I have a good selection of Cosmos grown from seed.


I bought this on a market stall a couple of weeks ago. Love the colour.









3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Cosmos are one of my favourites. I used to have some but they've disappeared. I think the last one is like Mary-Lou's - except she has a petal-less variety too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did your cosmos self seed? I find I have to grow new ones every year but a friend of mine has them coming up everywhere. The last one is Cone Flower or Echinacea to give it it's proper name and yes Mary Lou did post it.

      Delete
  2. The raindrops on the agapanthus and sweet pea are my favourites

    ReplyDelete