Wednesday 20 May 2020

Meringue Bake Off : The Results

Yesterday I posted about my entry of a Summer Fruit Roulade. Today as promised are the rest.
My sister in law joining us for the first time made an extremely delicious looking pavlova. One of the judges' comments was "that's what I call a pavlova.".


Younger Daughter also made a fruit roulade which I would definitely give high rating to especially as it had a lemon curd layer.




Farmer Daughter worked really hard on her entries and I can vouch for the fact that these petite meringues not only looked good but tasted yummy.


She also made a scrummy lemon meringue. It was all made from scratch but unfortunately her lemon filling didn't set.






My niece also made a lemon meringue which also looks tasty. I also liked the idea of the individual ones. However should I mention bought pastry and a packet lemon filling? Probably not.


Great piping on the meringue though and as she said the challenge was the meringue itself.


So the results. Not easy is it? The top three were revealed and to my embarrassment I came first. Second was Younger Daughter with her roulade. Third was Sister in Law for her pavlova. I would say that everyone was a winner for working so hard. 
Next weekend is a savoury tart so I am hoping not to do so well on that one.

7 comments:

  1. Yours did look worth of the win, I love this, friends and family did a bake off this weekend, Victoria Sandwich, which our friends 6 year old son won......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farmer daughter would have been my choice with the lemon meringue pie - my favourite and I wouldn't have minded that the lemon hadn't set. I can taste it from here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She made two so we have been enjoying the benefits all week. One slice left to fight over tonight

      Delete
  3. Well done to everyone. Your roulade did look so tasty - Mary Berry would be very impressed with your roll. Your birthday plate is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The girls have complained that I have more of a selection of nice china to choose from.

      Delete
  4. Lemon meringue pie is my absolute favourite dessert - oh this post has my mouth watering. That lemon curd roulade with the fruit as well, oh goodness - that would be amazing too. And your pavlova, that looks so scruffy - what a great bunch of cooks you all are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your family has some seriously talented bakers! Everything looks delicious.
    Nan

    ReplyDelete