Tuesday 26 May 2020

Family Bake Off : Savoury Tart

 
 


This last weekend's family bake off was to cook a Savoury Tart. The judges found this one quite a difficult one to score. their consensus was however that they would like to taste each one!
I thought this time that rather than give you the results and tell you who cooked ech one i would give you all the chance to be judges yourself. would you like to score them from 1st to 5th and give a few encouraging comments.
So here are the entries.
1. Full English Breakfast.


 
 
2. Quiche Lorraine 
 

 




















3.Caramelised Red Onion and Bacon Tart 





4. Callie's Quiche, souffled with cheese and bacon.









5.Salmon and Asparagus with a lemony and wholegrain mustard.                                               









 


So it's over to you now before I reveal the results!

8 comments:

  1. Number 3 onion and bacon tart, thou I do like number 5 and would like a slice, I assume ready made puff pastry was used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was. I must admit if I was making it I would use ready made!!

      Delete
  2. In reverse order 2, 1, 4, 3, 5.

    They all look so good that it's difficult to choose so without doing a taste test I've chosen on presentation and ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From the top 3, 4, 5, 1, 2. I chose the caramelised onion and bacon tart first as it would be something I would order in a restaurant. Everyone should be congratulated on their entries as they all look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd give salmon and asparagus the top rating--sounds delicious and not as traditional. Next up full English breakfast, and third, Calle's Quiche---all three chosen on ingredients first, presentation second. Would like a taste of all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so hard! 1st place would have to be the caramelised onion and bacon one, with the souffle one second as I like the look of that and have never had souffle quiche before (but now feel I have to google a recipe for it) I think the salmon one has to come in 3rd, that sounds so tasty and I love the combination of those ingredients. How to choose 4th and 5th though, this is so unfair! I've never tried sausage in a quiche so maybe I'd have to choose number 1 for 4th place and now I feel bad about leaving number two in last position because it still looks scrummy. This was harder than it seemed at the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd have to go for 5 as I'm allergic to tomatoes - but not unwillingly, because the salmon and asparagus combo sounds good. However, the tomato issue aside, I think they all look and sound very tasty ... with the caramelised onion and bacon probably being the most appealing. I'd be prepared to pick the tomatoes off and hope for the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm always amazed at how talented your family is at baking! This is a tough choice, but I think my order is 5,1,4,2,3
    Nan

    ReplyDelete