Monday 11 May 2020

Horses

I have managed to capture a few of the horses on our farm when I have been out walking. I thought I would share these particular ones with you all. This first pony has been on box rest and is still only allowed out for half an hour twice a day. It's impossible to tell a horse to take it easy and this one was far too pleased at being allowed freedom.


The muzzle is to ensure that she only eats small amounts of grass. Her time outside will gradually be increased.


I wish I could jump for joy like that.


This mare has just had her foal. It is a few days old here.


They have some lovely warm weather to start off on the right hoof!


Animals are remarkable in how quickly they adapt to life.




I thought these pictures would act as a tonic to you all.




9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the horse photos. Was your pinto pony on colic recovery? Mamma horse has an amazingly long & full tail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing draft horses. Thank you and that little foal is precious! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what lovely photos - thank you for sharing them with us. Hard to believe that little foal is just a few days old. Your first pony is definitely jumping with joy - what a perfect example of freedom after being in lockdown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. I hadn't thought about that but yes. I just hope not too many people behave like that today!

      Delete
    2. Especially as lockdown HASN'T finished!

      Delete
  4. Yes, the photos did bring joy - I feel like prancing around like the horse too but need to sign in to a virtual meeting shortly.
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed this post for some reason. The photos are wonderful and certainly brought some joy to my day. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete