Saturday 5 December 2015

5 in 5 : Late Afternoon Walk

The last few days have been quite busy and I had completely forgotten about Sandie's 5 in 5 until first thing this morning when I saw Helena's Post. I had nothing up my sleeve so this afternoon I went off for a walk camera in hand. I also had in mind perhaps some opportunities to find some pictures for Eileen and Joy's Winter Photo Hunt.
I stopped in one field to see what I could find.The weather was windy so ideal for No. 10 A Windy Day.  The walking was hard going against the wind. The grass was flattened and the trees were waving but I soon realised to actually depict the movement isn't going to be that easy. This wool was waving frantically in the breeze but it is barely noticeable in the photo.  I can see I will have to keep trying.


The low light made a remarkable difference depending on which way I pointed the camera. The lush green of the grass and this fallen tree.


Then looking the other way the silhouette of this Oak tree against the darkening sky.


The ewes had all grouped together and were keeping a close eye on me as passed by with Monty.


Meanwhile in the sky above the crows were making some final circles in the sky before it was time to roost. They frequently pass over the farm morning and evening coming and going from their roost.


It was good to get back inside with hopefully a few possibilities for the photo hunt.







6 comments:

  1. I agree that a windy day is going to be hard to capture photographically. I tried a couple of idea this afternoon but it's obvious from the results that I need to rethink!

    I like your silhouette of the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could pose with my hair in front of my face (where it seems to have been permanently for the last three days!) if you like. Alternatively, my street with all the wheelie bins adrift is another idea. (Full of'em, me!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike ... windswept hair is the next thing I'm going to try!

      Delete
    2. Perhaps I could find a shaggy horse.

      Delete
  3. It's good when one walk can provide photos you need for more than one challenge. It was brave venturing out in the wind and frustrating that it is so hard to capture in a photo. It has been windy here all day too, so I can imagine the wool being whipped around.
    I love the contrast of light here, on the two trees, it makes such a difference. And the crows look quite spectacular against the darkening sky. I would love to see a murmeration of starlings and hope to go to one of the possible sighting areas this winter. I hope the weather holds out as it means taking the camper and overnight stays.
    Thanks for joining in this month Maggie. It's always lovely to see your sheep and hear what you have been doing. Look forward to seeing more of your scavenger hunt photos too. I've signed up for this as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad I can enjoy your walk from inside - so windy these last few days but as you say hard to photograph

    ReplyDelete