Sunday 6 December 2015

A Sunday Pud.

Last Sunday I tried out a new recipe that my mum had given me. I am always looking for different ways to use some of our store of apples. This new recipe is taken from a magazine although I am not sure exactly what one.
Upside-down apple and maple cake has a caramel topping made with sugar, maple syrup and then butter. 


In my haste I added the butter too early and had to fish it out until the caramel had been formed. Once the butter has been added  and melted the caramel is poured into a well greased cake tin. This is where I made mistake number two as I used too small a tin which I then realised at a later stage. The slices of apple are then arranged on the caramel before adding the cake mixture on top.


The cake mixture includes pecan nuts which not having any in the cupboard I omitted. It was when I added the mixture that I realised the tin was too small and so kept some mixture back.
The result was pleasing and certainly seemed to go down well.




3 comments:

  1. It looks lovely. A nice update on the old Pineapple Upside Down cake I learned to make in Home Economics all those years ago

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks perfect for morning tea. Put the kettle on - I'll be round in a mo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Save me a slice too - looks divine and home baked is always best!

    ReplyDelete