Sunday 13 December 2015

Twilight Bath

I had a bit of shopping to do after our walk and lunch in Bath on Friday. It was getting dark by the time I was ready to leave. I couldn't resist juggling my shopping bags to fish out my camera for a few photos. It was an ideal setting for No. 3 Outside Lighting for the Winter Photography Scavenger Hunt. Bath Abbey was looking particularly festive and atmospheric.


I could perhaps be pushing this a little but if you look closely you can see each side of the West window a ladder depicting Jacob's ladder from the Old Testament which shows the Angels climbing from Earth to Heaven. An entry for No. 17 A ladder? Hopefully I will find a chance for a closer picture before the hunt finishes.
Further down the town on the edge of the Christmas Market I spotted another find in the lights for No. 4 A Star (or several).



The whole of the centre is decorated with Christmas lights cheering up the streets for the Christmas shoppers.









8 comments:

  1. I drove through my own little town centre a few days ago, it looked lovely with the lights on. I really must go out with my camera to capture them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the lights in town centres - great captures for the hunt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful lights (better than the London ones!) and great photos of them. Mine are always hit-and-miss affairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you can see, having a few probs talking to you this morning! Sorry for the mess.

      Delete
  4. Love that twilight blue sky behind the Abbey. Lights look pretty good and it always looks festive with all the Christmas market sheds glowing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm having Christmas street light envy - our the villages & towns don't do much street lighting, it's all up to the individual homes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm having street light envy too! We don't have anything nearly so nice here

    ReplyDelete